Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pokemons, gotta catch 'em all!

YES, I AM, IN FACT, A DORK!


...so, I was gonna angst some more or maybe ramble about maybe angsting and being swoony and such. But then I started talking Pokemon with someone and kind of lost the gumption to write about anything to do with anything angsty. So, Pokemon it is. Less geeky ones of my friends...you might want to avoid this post. xD


I kinda love Eevee. It's always been my favorite, I think. Don't know what an Eevee is? Google it. Lovely, adorable little squirrel-fox thing, evolves into, like, seven different Pokemon under certain conditions: Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon. Originally, there was only the first three, but then they got further along in the game (er...pun not intended) and decided to add on Espeon and Umbreon, then Leafeon and Glaceon even later. Maybe it's this variety that's made it always appeal to me so much, maybe the adorableness of it, or maybe the prettiness of the evolutions (except Jolteon...Jolteon scares me). Maybe it was that you didn't need to level the darling up at all to get the evolution I really liked, Vaporeon. Just need a water stone and BAM. Amazing mer-fox-thing. :D Yeah, Eevee was nifty.

....mmkay, now I'm bored. Let's review some of the evolutions or something, shall we (but only the first three because they're the only ones that count :D)?


VAPOREON! Oh, how I love thee. :D Water types have always been my favorite, due to some obssession with mermaids and such when I was little, I guess. But really, how could you ever NOT love that face? <3>
n Eevee if you can get your hands on one (assuming you're not in Hoenn or that other new region that I can't remember, of course, you probably can) or trading for one (your only option if you're in Hoenn or...Sinnoh or whatever). My final statement? Vaporeon is awesome.


Next.....Flareon! Second favorite of the original three and still adorable and very, very fluffy. You can get Flareon the same way you get Vaporeon, only instead of a Water stone you have to use a Fire stone, obviously. Bulbapedia calls Flareon the Flame Pokemon, which is appropriate enough, considering that it IS a fire type. This little bugger has a high body temperature and looks the most like Eevee out of ALL of the evolutions, including the other four that I am excluding. Not much to say about Flareon...just that it's not quite as awesome as Vaporeon, in my opinion, but much, much better than Jolteon. o___O


Last, and certainly least, Jolteon. This one just kind of scares me. It's pointy, and even though it's smiling here...not quite as adorable as the other two. It's the Lightning Pokemon and you get it via a thunderstone. According to Bulbapedia, they are also kind of bipolar, because they get sad or angry easily. This is bad because they build up a charge, and if they are startled, then they can shoot the energy off or shoot out their bristles...and, well, you should get yourself some medical attention asap. I don't like this one much and thus have nothing more to say. :D


...gawsh, I feel like a dork. I just blogged about freaking Pokemon. xD Well. At least I had fun. Before I take off, though...little tid bit for you. There was an episode (in the original run of Pokemon, I would assume, with Ash, Misty, and Brock) called the Eevee brothers. I don't know the story line much, but the names of these brothers were Mikey (he had Eevee), Rainer (Vaporeon), Sparky (Jolteon), and Pyro (Flareon). ...yeah, Pokemon isn't all that creative. xD

NOT AN EMO TODAY, NO-SIREE-BOB! I AM A DORK! :DDD

2 comments:

  1. Touhoumon... my only weakness.

    But back to the subject of real Pokemon, I've always had a fascination with catching them all. Like I would just have some brutal Pokemon to slaughter the gym leaders and they would be like lv. 50 or 60 and i'd be set to beat the games in a day. But starting with Silver I caught them all. It was fun to see all the strange creatures from Pokemon.

    Eevee was always a cool one to me, the description for it was so interesting(a genetically unstable Pokemon COOL!) and because their where some many ways to evolve it kept me busy through out elementary school (har har har).

    The show was terrible though, I hated it because it never showed my favorite Pokemon and plus i thought Ash was annoying. But that's just my two cents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued that someone I cannot identify has stumbled upon my humble blog. :O

    Well, kindly stranger, your two cents are appreciated. ^^ I never had the patience to attempt catching them all myself. I'd usually get through all the gyms, maybe beat the...last...thing...that I can't remember the name of...then start all over with a new trainer and new starter. :D I was a lazy kid that way (still am, actually).

    ReplyDelete