Saturday, November 5, 2011

INTRO OR EXTRO?

Obviously intro. Introvert, anyway.

Today I worked at the concession stand at school for a volleyball tournement. I was kind of nervous about it because it was a new situation and, let's be honest, I get nervous about ordering food at McDonald's sometimes. I got there and we started the thing up, though, and I was doing fine. It felt nice to work and do stuff. I freaked out a little at the prospect of handling money, but that was mostly because I was worried about not giving back the right amount of change and being called out on it. (It only happened once, on accident, because I didn't realize we had a severe lack of dimes.) I kind of learned how to count it backwards (you know, the bill is $1.50, they give you a five, so .50 makes two dollars, then 3, 4, 5, there's your change). I thought maybe I could do general public, retail-y things for a job.

But then I came home and was so tired and I couldn't even write. It may have been from the lack of food (I worked eight hours on a protein shake and some popcorn because I was waiting until I was actually hungry to have my free hot dog and then we were down to only two and I couldn't have one), but I think the whole introvert thing played a part, too. See, apparently the way to see if you're an extrovert or an introvert is to see how you react to big, social things. Come away energized and excited? You're an extrovert. Come away exhausted? Well, join the club, you're an introvert. We meet on Mondays and fidget nervously while making awkward small talk for a few hours. Our jackets are prettty cool, too; they read "uhhh ummm yeah" across the back in big, bold letters.

Okay, that's less of an introvert thing and more of a shy awkward person thing, but whatever. I'm a member of both clubs and confuse them a lot.

(There, Bruce, I posted.)

1 comment: