Thursday, August 18, 2011

I feel like I'm developing a terrible habit here.

So, yeah, I can't sleep, despite being pretty tired. Same thing happened last night and I was up until four-thirty. I don't want to do that again, so let's hope I can get to sleep this time.

But, of course, instead of actually trying to sleep, I'm bloggin'! Yeah. But I'm trying to get myself into the habit of writing because, well, I wanted to blog more because I feel like it's good for me to write at least a little thing every day that isn't some odd blurb on Facebook or Tumblr, so yeah. YAY BLOGGER!

Last night I spent a lot of time reading the Bloggess. She's pretty hilarious, so it's easy to see how time got away from me so quickly. I also watched most of Easy A and an episode of Doug. (Which, for some reason, I started typing as an inappropriate word that has a similar beginning.) If I'm up late enough, I might watch some more 90s are all that or whatever Teen Nick is calling it.

What I've done so far, though? Well, I tried to sleep for about half an hour and just ended up reading some Heretics of Dune. I also dinked around with McCarthy, my guitar. Workin' on that upstroke or whatever it's called 'cause I'm so bad at it. Then I tried to sleep more but it didn't work, so I ended up taking care of a shameful pile of clean laundry that I'd been ignoring.

Yes. I am bad at putting my laundry away. And also apparently typing the word "laundry" because I've typed it as "launfry" and "lauundry" a couple of times now. I am terrible. Or maybe I just need sleep.

Something I noticed while taking care of my laun(f)dry: I have a lot of graphic t-shirts. I mean, a lot. If anyone has ever paid attention to what I wear to school, they've probably noticed it. I picked out some shirts that I never wear anymore and I'm okay to part with, but... still. I have a lot. Which makes me think that I need to find a super laid-back job where it's okay to wear such things and I can also never go to a formal event ever. Unless I have the stockpile of hand-me-downs and Megan's closet. Because I really, really like graphic tees. .___.

I also have several funny hats, including a white fedora, a black bowler, a top hat that might actually be Megan's, and a yellow-orange-pink fuzzy one from Mackinac Island or maybe just the city I don't remember (I didn't actually go on the trip so I don't feel I'm obligated to).

Aaaaand now I think I'm gonna try and sleep. Because I really don't want to be fixing this habit the night before school starts.

3 comments:

  1. same here...i was up all of last night watching star wars :/

    also, i left all my printed tees behind when i left for uni because i figured it was time for me to move on...i'm back home for the summer and i'm taking them all back with me...*gollum voice* all of them...

    ALSO...i have a bowler hat :D i bought it two years ago because i figured i could work it, but i never wear it :/ i feel inspired enough to change this now :D

    there. my essay is done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SHOULD CHECK MY COMMENTS MORE OFTEN. D:

    I've actually wondered a lot lately about how much clothing I should take with me to college. It's like, I don't wanna do a lot of laundry... but... how much is too much?! O____O

    And I'm glad I could inspire you to change that! x3 I got the hat when I dressed up as Charlie Chaplin for celebrity day at school last year. It was fuuuuun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :P i should check replies to my comments more often :D well...my advice would be to take all/most of the clothes you wear really often with you, and then sort of pick and choose from everything else...i'm an international student living in england, so it's always a pain storage-wise with my clothes BUT i'd rather have too much with me - i can always donate what i KNOW i'll never wear :)

    -_- laundry...you've just reminded me to do mine
    :/

    ReplyDelete