Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Okay, for realz this time.

AUGH I'M SO SORRY. D: I am bad at keeping promises, apparently. I talk a little about Northern Michigan now, yes?

Well, last Thursday I went to Northern Michigan University with WMCAT, the awesome art program people. It was a really. really. really. long drive and the first time I could actually remember going to the UP. Of course, I couldn't fall asleep the when we got on the bus (stupid, stupid uncomfortable seats D:<) and I spent a lot of that time listening to my iPod. And I got a banana muffin and a juice box 'cause WMCAT's so cool. Then it got light enough to read, so I did for a very, very long time. It was a good way to not talk to the Northern Michigan admissions lady that ended up sitting across the aisle from me. But yeah, I basically sat and read and relaxed on my awesome pillow pet. (Thaaaank you, best friend. x3) Then they started with movies. First we were going to watch the baseball movie with the girls...uh...A League of Their Own, I think. But I guess it had too much swearing or something...? Maybe people just didn't want to watch it. Whatever. That got dumped for Tangled (yes! :'D) and so we watched that.

Around eleven-thirtyish we reached the bridge. We stopped at a rest stop to eat our sack lunches (verrry good) and I tried to see if they sold batteries at the rest stop. See, that was the one thing I forgot to bring and my camera was dying intermittently. It would work for a little while, then yell at me for bothering it while it was dead. They didn't seem to sell much of anything, though, and my fwend Marica didn't seem to have any, either. D: But we ate and ate and then we left. The bridge was crossed and I got pictures, the head of WMCAT told us a little about the UP and the bridge. It might've been because I was on a huge bus that kind of dwarfed the vehicles around it, but I didn't think the bridge was that scary. They do, though, have people that will drive your car across the bridge for you if you don't want to. Yay for catering to the scared people's needs?

Then we drove and drove and drove some more. Watched the Blind Side. I didn't pay much attention and got to actually sleep a little. Then we got to Marquette and I got roomed with some people I kind of knew, but didn't really at all. I mean, two of them when to my middle school, but still. All the other girls that went to my school got thrown together, kind of like "Oh, hey! These girls go to the same school! Let's put them together! ...oh, we have one left over. Ummm.....throw her in with them, they've got a spot." with the most timid girl from my school. Meh...but it was okay. They weren't loud and I could sleep.

But anyway, we stayed at the hotel long enough to get things settled and stuff in rooms, and then we left to go to NMU. I stopped by the front desk first, though, to see if they had batteries. They did. So I could have my camera. C:

NMU was nice. The campus is sort of how I imagine Michigan Tech's looks (although I must admit I picture Tech with the fall colors that the papers they send me have on them). I could see going to school there. Or, rather, I could if they had what I wanted to do. (Nenna recently decided that engineering sounds cool, and that she wants to do mechanical engineering.)

We got the tour. We ate dinner in the cafeteria. It was yummy food--I got a steak!--and one of the teachers, Mr. Fred, ate approximately three bowls of the yummy ice cream. I had a chocolate cone and called it good. After dinner, I was thinking we'd go back to the hotel and we could relax. But no. We had to go look at the athletic facility and the Yooper dome (Google it, biggest wooden dome in the US, second in the world). We were supposed to play there, I guess, but everybody was too tired to. And then we went bowling.

I...do not...like...bowling.

...well, no, I'm okay with bowling. What I'm not okay with is having to play when I'm tired and wanna sit there and read. And sucking at it. I'm not okay with that. My group of people (my roommates and my friend, Marica) wasn't very good at it either, but still. It wasn't fun. :c I won the first game with a score of 60 (THAT'S HOW MUCH WE SUCKED) and lost the second game with a score of, like, 34 or something. Luckily, we left soon after that and got to go back to the hotel.

And Imma leave you with that for now 'cause I need to get ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment