Friday, January 14, 2011

Guh.


This is evil in its most pure form. (Or at least it is today.)

My physics teacher, Mrs. Hodder, uses colored light bulbs for this terrible review game that isn't really that terrible. I just don't like it. There are three colored light bulbs, one that's red, one that's yellow, and one that's blue. I usually end up on the blue team, so that's why I chose a blue lightbulb. It holds special hate in my heart. It also has the bulkiest switch and is the most awkward to flip, I think. Anyway, so three people go up to the lightbulbs, one from each team, and they listen to Hodder read the question and the answers, if it's multiple choice. Then, when they have an answer, they flip the switch. First light to turn on gets to answer, and if they're wrong, then the next one, etc. I'm actually pretty good at flipping the switch and know the answers most of the time, so meh. It's kind of alright. I just don't like playing the stupid game. It might be because I put way too much pressure on myself and thus get way too worked up over academic things (as if my last post didn't already prove that). It might be because some of the time I really shouldn't be doing it because I'M NOT TAKING THE TEST. That's right. I'm exempt from the exam and I still have to do the review because "they need me." I have two reasons that this is a faulty argument for my playing the stupid game for two reasons:

1. I'm not as competitive (or at least I'm trying not to be) because I don't actually need the extra credit points. So I'm not trying my absolute best and kind of failing my team mates anyhow. In addition to this, no one really has the "oh Jenna's up here I'll never get the answer" mentality that gave me a little bit of an extra advantage even when I didn't know right away.

2. HOW IS THAT FAIR?! I earned my 106% through hard work, thank you very much, so why should I give them easy extra credit points? I've done most of the extra credit problems this semester and gotten them right all on my own. I earned mine. So why should my team mates get it easy? And how is that academic on any level? How will they learn anything by having it served to them on a silver platter? They won't, that's how. Hmph.

I just really, really don't want to have to do any of the gross review stuff because I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO! And I had that second argument all set in my head to tell Hodder, too, but then I just gave in and pouted like a five year old about how I didn't want to do it. Ugh. I looked very mature to her, I'm sure. Which kind of puts even more of a damper on my mood. I don't know why I didn't bring up this argument, but whatever. She's the teacher, I have to listen to her, blah blah blah...

...but not if I'm not in class, which I might be on Tuesday...assuming Mrs. Williams lets me hang out in her room then...

BUT THEN GUESS WHAT?! I completely had the answer right for the first question and because I STUTTERED a little, she almost didn't give it to me! O____________O I can't help it if my brain is a little flustered because I'm doing something that I don't want to! I had the right answer, and I said it several times. Power is work divided by time, usually joules by seconds. I know's my stuff. So Hodder needs to gimme the credit for it.

....also, notice somethin' about my percentage there? I could completely fail the exam, get a 0, and STILL HAVE AN A. I think that proves very, very well that I DON'T need to do this review.

If this situation occurs next semester, I am completely writing a paper for reasons I shouldn't have to do it. It would not only (probably) get me out of it, it would prove my superior writing skills. And yeah.

*solemnnod*

That is all.

1 comment: