Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am never ever EVER sitting by myself at lunch again.

Or at least not in my lovely little now-quiet corner (I say now-quiet because the people that were crowding it before can sit downstairs again--hallerlujah).

Why? Because a couple of girls decided to take me under their wing. And I'm pretty sure they're younger than me. I don't like maybe-freshman-girls-that-I-don't-know pitying me. 'S not cool, man.

They just randomly came over and started talking to me at lunch. Of course, they started with the unavoidable question: Why're you sitting all alone over here?

Why? 'Cause it's quiet. I like it. I can watch part of the concourse and part of the lunch room at the same time. I can think. I can read. I can write. I can mess with my phone or listen to my iPod and not worry about a security guard running off with it. (Of course, the answer they get is just because it's quiet.)

Oh. Are you new?

No.

What grade are you in?

Eleventh.

Have you been here all three years?

Yeah.

Do you have any friends?

Yeah.

Why don't you sit with them?

They're loud.

Oh. ... *leave*

HALLELUJAH! THEY'RE GONE! PLEASE, OH LORD, KEEP THEM AWAY!

.... *comes back* Have you ever been pregnant?

....no.

Do you have a boyfriend?

No.

Do you want a boyfriend?

Eh. *shrug*

Have you had a boyfriend?

Yeah.

Let's go to the vending machines! Come with?

No, I'm good here, thanks.

Oh, okay. *toddles off*

*turns face up to the ceiling* PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE KEEP THEM AWAY!!

That was how my lunch went.

I am never ever ever ever ever sitting in that corner alone again.

(This isn't necessarily the order they asked their questions in, but it's what I remember.)

No comments:

Post a Comment