Saturday, October 16, 2010

'Sploded!

Yeah, I kind of did that on Thursday. (And by "kinda", I mean we needed that safety glass they have on Mythbusters.) Kid in band was pelvic thrusting (NOT doing the Time Warp) towards the back of me and another kid was laughing at it. After we went through and did the show a couple of times, it kind of sounded to me like the kid that'd been laughing was trying to coerce (right word? I think it is) the kid that'd been doing it into doing it again. So I turned around and screamed at them to quit it. I also hit the laughing kid once, but only a quick jab to the shoulder, 'cause that's all I ever do when I hit somebody. And, because frustration/anger = tears with me, I had some issues playing after that. >> But I still went through doing the pictures and stuff 'cause, well, I needed to. Three practices a week means you need to be there every day doing what you're supposed to be doing.

......
*coughcoughkevinhackcough*

Nina and the other City kids that've done it don't get included in that because they do a better job of catching up, they're not annoying, and didn't do the part of the Time Warp that really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-a-ane.

I was really quite worried when I'd gotten my senses back and saw everyone staring back at us (we were an eye of a smiley face, so we were pretty much the farthest back) that everyone would see me as the crazy chick that yells at everyone. I really, really didn't want to be like Sharron. ....no offense meant to her, but I don't like yelling at people, no matter how much stress it relieves. .___. To my surprise, though, one kid told me that it'd been "amazing, they always annoy me so much" and a bunch of other kids asked me what'd happened and if I was okay. xD A freshman (I'm pretty sure Julian's a freshman, anyway) who seems to be pretty buddy-buddy with the laughing kid most of the time even asked me if I wanted him to beat them up and to let me know if they were bullying me again. I told him no, I didn't want him to beat them up, and thought, 'no, I'm not going to go to you if they're bullying me. You are probably two years younger than me. xP' Everyone doing that made me feel like they were on my side, which made me happy. :D

But then I worried about it happening anyway, and I really didn't want to be seen like that at all, so I decided I would apologize to them. It was pretty easy to apologize to Kevin because he is some sort of a pseudo-friend, even though he's a jerk a lot of the time and told me it was okay because my standing up for myself was just a "bitchy attack." In hindsight, I probably should have asked him if that what he was doing should have been considered a "retarded attack", but maybe not. That would have just stirred things up again. Apologizing to the other one was harder, though, 'cause he's the kid that I've kind of disliked since I first saw him: Micah. I mean, Carter saw him for two seconds and said he looked like "such a douchemonkey" (excuse my language, please, I'm just quoting her). I did end up apologizing to him, though, because I felt I really shouldn't have yelled at them like that. I don't like doing it and it's not mature. He accepted my apology and said he was sorry for laughing. It was all okay then.

Except he wouldn't listen to the guy I would assume has been appointed band major because I think he's either the only or the most competent senior in band and was telling the drummers to play, even though that really should have been Brian's (the senior) job.

(Somewhat secretly, I was kind of disappointed he apologized back, though, because I sort of wanted to hold it against him that he wasn't mature enough to do it. But then again, maybe he just did it to look good.)

And to everyone that thinks I shouldn't have apologized and settled things with my fists:
A) I am NOT LIKE THAT! I don't like people being angry with me and I don't like being mean to people. So it made me feel terrible. If you must, pretend I did it completely for my own conscience instead of just partly.
B) DO YOU REALLY THINK I COULD SETTLE ANYTHING WITH MY FISTS?!?!? Maybe with a body tackle of sorts during soccer or hockey ball, but not my fists. Geez, people.

All in all, though, I think this will be a good experience. I've had it waaaaaay too easy the past couple of years when it's come to conflict. xP I'll learn how to tell people they're annoying the crap out of me without being terrible or explosive.

Oh, and because I feel like I'll never post this ANYWHERE if I don't do it now: That Micah? Yeah, he called Weber coach once. It made me giggle. A lot. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment