Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eight-legged freaks! O________O

I took on a huge spider yesterday and I emerged victorious. And I did it without screaming my head off, too.

Well, I guess I didn't scream at first because I didn't realize it was a spider. It was kind of crumpled up the first time I saw it, so I thought that if it was a spider, it was already dead. Then I came back around (I was walking like we're supposed to at the beginning of gym, you see) and, well...I saw that it was indeed a spider at it was not dead. Still, I did not scream...just widened my eyes a little. I thought about killing it, but then what would I take care of the remains with? No one else seemed to notice it but me and Evan (thank GOOOOOOOOD) so no one let loose any blood-curdling screams. A couple of girls nearly stepped on it, though. It was kind of funny that even though it was soooo close to the path everyone follows when they walk, it was neither noticed nor stepped on.

But I decided that I better take care of it before someone else saw it, so I asked the one of the teachers, Mr. Ware, if I could have a tissue. He looked around and couldn't find any, then asked if I wanted to go get some. I explained about the spider and he gave me some gauze pads instead. Well, it was time to stretch at this point and I didn't want to lose points, so I ran over and stretched while Mr. Ware looked for the spider. I could still see it from probably ten feet away on the floor (yeah, it was THAT big) and so when we were done with stretches and moving on to the next portion that would most certainly mean the spider would be found, I ran over and squished it.

And BOY, was it gross. The only part that really seemed to get crushed was the abdomen, which burst and left a gross white goo behind. The legs were still stickin' up like it would scuttle away, nothing wrong...and it was GROSS. But I wiped it up with the gauze, tossed it in the trash, and went about gym like normal.

I was a hero to a gym class of people I didn't really like and none of them really knew it other than Evan and Mr. Ware. wtf. xP

Also, super side note: WHAT THE HEY I THINK I HAVE A FOLLOWER I DON'T KNOW? O____O Welcome, Rebecca. If you are someone I know that I'm just not thinking of, please let me know. I'd feel terrible if I kept thinking that you were some stranger I randomly gained as a follower. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment