Saturday, December 4, 2010

I need to know who to send this to.

But, for now, it shall be simply to GRPS. Because they suck so fricking much.

Dear GRPS,

Hi there, I'm just one of your lowly students. I used to be one of the students that thought you had potential, but you've pounded all the optimism out of me. Now I can't wait to graduate and I'm terrified of being all grown up. That's kind of terrible, isn't it? I hate being in your freaking school system so much that I'd rather deal with my fear of growing up. Why do I hate you? Oh, let me count the reasons.

That blended model thing? Utter and complete crap. You're using the same amount of teachers you did before, by the looks of it, so I don't know how you're saving money. I have three different teachers for my math class. Three! And I'm tired of it. Day one, I kind of learn how to do the process of the lesson. Day two, Novanet teaches it to me. Day three, I learn how to do it on the calculator for the test. But guess what? Once that test rolls around, I have no idea what I'm doing. I got a C- on my last test. I am kick butt at math, GRPS. Just ask Mr. Mabin, y'know, the husband of the awesome teacher you pink-slipped at our school about a year and a half ago? Yelled at Mr--oh, I'm sorry, Dr. Garner for messing up one of the Montessori seniors scholarship? Yeah, he knows how good I am at math. I bet he'd be really disappointed in me if he knew I got a C-. I'm freaking in tears because of it. I haven't gotten that bad of a grade on an actual test since Astronomy freshman year, as in the class everyone did horribly in (Brian, Lindsay, and Ryan can back me up on that, I think). Yeah, yeah, I shouldn't be so torn up about a grade, but you know what? I am! I want good grades and I know I could be doing better if it weren't for this stupid system. KIDS DON'T LEARN FROM COMPUTERS, YOU STUPID, STUPID SCHOOL DISTRICT. I thought the big thing nowadays was to get kids off of computers, get them active, blah blah blah. Look at me! I'm ranting about how crappy you guys are on a computer. Because I'm sooooooo used to being on a computer all freaking day. Going to the computer lab used to be a sort of treat in class, y'know? I like writing and researching and all that. Now it's all I do everyday. I just want to get through the lessons on the computer and be done. I'm not learning anything.

MY 3.9 GPA IS GOING TO BE SCREWED UP BECAUSE OF YOU IDIOTS. I HATE YOU.

And I hate that not only do I have to deal with you another year, but my sister has to deal with you for three more. I feel so bad for her. She's smart. She's nice. But if you guys keep it up like this...she's going to get frustrated. She's going to get in trouble for yelling at someone or something. I've already started yelling at people this year because I've gotten frustrated. Luckily for me, though, it's with Weber and he gets that I'm just standing up for myself...I guess...I dunno. But Megan's going to end up frustrated and with bad grades that she doesn't feel like fixing but she doesn't want and...it's all because you guys wanted to save some money. Well, guess what, GRPS? You'll save TONS of money. 'Cause all you're going to get to the point where you don't have ANYONE in your district and then you don't have to pay any teachers or anything. You'll get to keep all your money like you're trying to do now.

Also, Bernie? I don't like you. It might just be because you're the figurehead, the emperor, all that, but I don't like you.

I would say something rude, but I don't want to get in trouble.

-Jenna Loserface

P.S. I swear none of this means I'm gonna go nuts and shoot up the school. I'm just going to unleash the terror that is my mother on the counselling office until I get a traditional Algebra II class.

P.P.S. Did I mention we don't get nearly enough prep time between end of lesson and exam? My group might get a day. A day.

P.P.P.S. I cannot wait for 2012 now. Bright side, if it's the end of the world? Megan won't have to deal with this crap for four years like I'm going to have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment