Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reading leads to realizations.

So, I was reading my awesome lawyerly book this evening because it's awesome and I wanna know who the rose killer is. While reading, I stumbled across something that was said by the husband of one of the victims. He said, "But knowing something intellectually and dealing with it emotionally are two different things." He was talking about the feeling of guilt that he couldn't protect his wife from being kidnapped and tortured. This is a completely random line from a pretty darn good book, but I feel like I finally understand why I have issues with certain emotion-y things. It's because even if I do get it in my head, I don't get it in my heart and that scares me.

Not much of a blog, but something I wanted to put out there. Mhm.

Oh, and the book's called Gone, But Not Forgotten by Phillip Margolin, if you were wondering. He also wrote a book called The Burning Man, I think, that I have and liked, too.

2 comments:

  1. yo, this blog is hot. follow me, nd yo, big favor, could you spread the word of my blog that would help me alot nd i'd return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um....even though you'll probably never come back to this page again: I only advertise stuff I'm interested in...and your blog doesn't really pique my interest. :/ Sorry.

    ReplyDelete