Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dearest Heart

Dearest Heart,

Oh, you know I adore you so. You make me feel great when I'm watching a Disney movie and the hero saves the day and when I've just received a hug and when I'm reading some lovey-dovey moment in any of the many books I've read. You make me feel like I'm going to burst when soooomeoneeee says something nice. You make Quasimodo and Forrest Gump seem like the sweetest guys ever. But, you also seem to be a little slow on the uptake. I feel like I need to inform you that what you're hoping for isn't happening. And while hoping that that'll change might be comforting...it's not really that realistic at this point. Friends is it. So deal and catch up with Brain. Please, I'm begging you. Forget this and move on.

All my love,
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. You're having lots of the rather one-sided conversations with your heart, too?

    ReplyDelete