Sunday, August 8, 2010

La dee da, no-stal-gee-a....

Dude, I did not even plan out that title. I just forgot what I was going to write (type?) about and forgot what to put there. So la dee da came out, then I remembered nostalgia....it worked out kind of well, didn't it?

....anyway. Blog post. Right.

I realized something really weird tonight. I was thinking about some friends (or, really, FRIEND) that I used to hang around a lottt back when school was in and stuff. And I was just lookin' at her profile a little (something I do once in awhile--wonder if I should send a message and try to reconnect, you see). I was thinking about how it used to be about six months ago. I was especially thinking about a picture that was taken back in January. It was at the WMCAT party, where everyone was supposed to be meeting the teachers or something and eating pizza. It was of all the girls (sans one Turek sister) together, happy, and more or less okay with one another. Now? Now, I have no idea what's going on anymore.

There it is.

But, seriously. What happened? We were all okay in this. We all loved each other. If anything, poor Nikki (pink plaid) was being teased at this time in secret about how many times she mentioned herself (whoops, was that supposed to stay secret?).

This picture was taken in January of this year. Yet so much has changed since then. See that hat on the girl with the pink glasses? That belonged to her boyfriend of the time, Dan. They had a messy break up and now neither of them can be around each other and there was some tension between both groups of friends for awhile. I even stood up for that girl to Sharron (preeetty scary girl sometimes, if you don't know 'er) because she was going to cause issues with being in the same room as Brittany (pink glasses). But at this time? They were joking around with each other just fine. They seemed to like each other a whole lot to me.

At this time, I thought maybe I still liked Omar a little. We actually had an awkward sit-on-the-couch-and-try-to-talk moment at this party, I think. Or maybe it was at a WMCAT class after this. I don't remember. Now, though....ohhhhh, now, I deeeefinitely don't like him like that. No, I've got another would-be-beau that I'm hoping will sweep me off my feet. (Beau? Good gawsh, I've been in the south a few too many times, haven't I?)

The girl to the right of me is Lucy. She and Anna (tall and right above me, of course) were best friends then, but something happened a little while after this and they were fighting. I never really understood why, other than Anna said that Lucy was causing too much stress, I guess? I don't know. But things weren't going so well for a while there. Lucy and Alyx had paired up, and talking about Anna more than I care to remember. They both made me so MAD. It was horrible for them to talk about her when she wasn't there. They made me realize how other people felt about Anna, too, and that made me even more upset. Now, though, they're friends again. Anna called Lucy her best friend, too. I was a little confused about this for a while, but after remembering all of this right this second? I'm really, really confused. But that's just how life works, isn't it?

The tall girl above Lucy? That's Alyx. She was dating Joe then. They seemed to like each other enough. Now? She's with Mister Homar (oops did I say that in my head aaaaand type it out?), who told me about a week or so before hooking up with her that he didn't want to love because he thought he had to hate to love and he didn't wanna hate....well, that certainly changed quick. If it's the real deal, though, I guess I can ignore the hypocrisy. But part of me doesn't really feel like it is....I dunno. That might be the bitter witch in me.

But I'm getting off subject here. I was looking at one of those girls' profiles and thinking "What happened?" It wasn't exactly sad or tragic...just wondering. Kind of nostalgic, I guess. But it happened not so long ago, so feeling nostalgic just doesn't feel right about it. You're supposed to feel nostalgia from your childhood, or high school once you're done with it, not while you're only a junior. (Note how I used "only". I feel that this isn't appropriate at ALL, because I certainly do not feel like I'm only a junior.) Anyhow, I just really, really miss the time in that picture, you know? It was more or less good. We were all alright with each other, with the exception of Miss Emily. We were all "I LOOOOOVE YOUUUUUU" like the dorks we were. Now, though....now I have NO idea what's going on anymore. But I guess I just have to deal with that.

That's okay, though. I have a bunch of cooler friends that hopefully won't cause issues. So, sorry, loves. It seems I don't need you now, but you'll always have a place in my heart. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment