Monday, August 23, 2010

Teen Titans, GO!

I found my Raven action figure. Yes, the Raven from Teen Titans. Yes, the cartoon series that used to be on Cartoon Network and they canceled for whatever stupid reason they came up with. I think I have a Beast Boy one around here, too. They're the only action figures I've ever owned, I think. They came with a flying contraption of sorts, too, that was supposed to be Raven's. I have no idea why she would need a flying machine, though, because hey! SHE CAN FLY ON HER OWN. I mean, I know that making yourself fly with your mind must be tiring, but...honestly? How far would she have to go on her own? Whenever there's somewhere to be for Raven, it usually includes the whole team. Thus giant flying rocket thingy.

Geez I'm so technical.

I'm trying to find a picture of this set of toys but the Internet is failing me. I'm sorry.

But back to the Raven action figure....she doesn't look much like Raven, really. Everything that's supposed to be dark blue (cape, boots, wrist things, eyes) are purple and her hair is black instead of purple...Her cape is really short. Her hands are kind of hugeish (probably for holding onto the unnecessary flying thing) and her boobs look like a butt. No, seriously. They do. And she's less aloof looking and more...emotionless drone. It's kind of sad, considering she was one of my favorites--tied with Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy, of course. I didn't like Robin much.

I kind of wish I could read the comics of this. I tried reading one at the bookstore that used to be in Woodland mall that I can't remember the name of (Walden Books, maybe?) and it was a little scary because Raven's mama was all screaming and giving birth to Raven and stuff and I was probably like eight. I don't remember. But yeah, it was kind of creepy. xD I still wish I was more of a comic person, though. Comics seem like they'd be fun to read, I just can't seem to get my hands on any.

Superheroes have always fascinated me. Megan and I have almost always played a game based around super powered kids and did until I was about in middle school. After that, the imagining got a little bit harder to do. :/ It's sad how that happens. I've also tried writing stories about superheroes and I even have the first issue of my own little comic. (Said comic will never see the light of day, though, because the art is HORRIBLE. Although I still kind of like the concept and the villains.) None of it amounted to much, though, which is kind of sad. Recently the only superhero things I've done have been drawings, movies, or looking at gifted boarding school roleplay sites (yeah I'm a dork that way). ...I think I might try coming up with a new story that has to do with superheroes or something, though. It sounds fun and reality's getting just a little boring. c:

...hrm. I think I might go doodle some character ideas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment