Saturday, August 7, 2010

Outgoing time? Uh-uh.

Today, I floated down the Muskegon river with my family and some friends. It was fun, I didn't lose my eyewear, and I don't think I got too sunburnt. Megan and I were in tubes while almost everyone else was paired off in canoes. About half way through the trip, though, Megan and I were both in the canoe with our tubes deflated a little bit to keep them in the boat better.

As we do every year, the group stopped a few times at spots where people could swim a little, eat and drink, and just generally socialize. At one of these spots, I sat in the shallower water and looked through the rocks for interesting things. Megan was standing near me and both of us were away from the other kids our age, staying by the canoe and our mom. My dad came over and told me it was outgoing time. I said no.

Then he tried to use my blog and talking about being more outgoing and stuff and I told him very flatly I didn't want to be social with them. No offense to those guys that were out in the water...but I don't like being around you much. I don't know why. You just rub me the wrong way most of the time. Sorry.

Part of this might be because I just don't know all of you that well. Part of it might be because you're the spacey airhead type that I don't appreciate being around a lot. Part of it might be because you refused to house one of my friends (your acquaintance) if she ever needed it after her mom died because "she's not your friend". Part of it might be because you're drinking (however little it may be) and you're my age. Technically, one of you is younger.

I dunno. I just don't want to be outgoing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment