Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 11: Quotation.

"Sophisticated--God, I'm so sophisticated!"

That's from the Great Gatsby, if you didn't know (which I'm reading for English right now) and is said by Miss Daisy. I don't know what it's really supposed to mean, if anything, because I haven't really sat down to analyze the text that much yet. (Or check Sparknotes.) I feel like it's something about being exasperated with how complicated things have gotten now that she's so "sophisticated." But maybe not. Maybe I'm not reading enough into it or something.

I also like the quote "Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia," but I don't remember who said that and I don't feel like looking it up right now. Mostly because I'm standing as I write this and my legs hurt from standing all day (stupid marching band recruiting) and I really need to pee.

So, that's it for today. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment