Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 20: IIIII WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIIIGHT...

Concerts, huh? Honestly, I've been to one real concert. Yes, one. It was the Winter Jam thing they do at the Van Andel that only cost five dollars. It was my first concert and it was fun. I don't know if I wanna go this year, though--not only are there NO bands I recognize, the price doubled! :< Ten dollars isn't that much for a concert, I know...but stiiiiiiiill. Five dollars was sooo muuuch niiiiicerrrrr....

I was in a couple of rock band concerts my school did, though. Alright, it was less my school and more just my band teacher, but it was fun. I sang Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore the first time and Emergency and That's What You Get the second time around (both also by Paramore).


(For those of you that know Paramore, no, I did not look like this. And it wasn't just because I had shorter hair and I wear much lamer clothes.)

Those kind of count, don't they? I think they should. Those were SO much fun. I got to pretend I was a famous little singer for a little bit there.

It was amazing the first time, though. I've talked about it before, y'know, like a year ago when it actually happened. We finished the song and I just kind of stepped back...all I could hear was the audience yelling, all I could see were the bright lights...and I tried to run off stage. Then somebody, once a friend and now not so much, caught me in a hug. It was amazing and terrifying and I still really, really want to do it again. It wasn't quite that way the second time. I messed the songs up a lot because I was actually trying to move--it didn't work very well that way. The fact that we had weird mic stands probably didn't help. :|

But yeah, those were my concerts. They were fun. And...I need to try and sleep because I did the sleep-in-on-Saturday-wake-up-early-on-Sunday thing backwards. Niiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment